• Admissions Policy
Archers College accepts children who are able to cope with a mainstream academic curriculum.
Applications are accepted from the birth of the child. The earlier you register the better, as our waiting lists work by application date order.
Priority will however be given to learners who already have a sibling/s in the school. It is however essential for siblings of current pupils to be registered timeously to facilitate their enrolment into the school.
We do not prefer to accept new children to start Grade 1 at Archers College as the Grade R academic curriculum is of a higher standard, which enables children to cope better in Grade 1. Normally, children who only enroll to start at Archers College in Grade 1 feel extremely pressurized to keep up with our academic standard. We are open to considering such applicants, however, an entrance test must be written in order for the School to see if your child will be able to cope with our academic standards for Grade 1.
NB: A full term’s notice from existing families is required by the first day of a school term prior to the pupil leaving to prevent loss of deposit.
Requirements for application
• A copy of the pupil’s Birth Certificate or acceptable proof of date of birth
• A copy of both parents identification documents
• A copy of his/her most recent school report
• A completed application form
• If the grade for the year of application is full, the applicant’s name will be added to the waiting list.
• On acceptance, a non-refundable deposit of R5500 is payable to the school to secure your child’s place.
• Contract of Enrolment to be completed in full and submitted with all relevant documents.
• A Financial clearance must be obtained from the Schools Accounts Department.
It is the School’s policy to allow a child to attend a day at the school before enrolling. Prior approval should be obtained by the Head or Deputy Head concerned.
In terms of the contract of enrolment you are required to give us a full terms notice in writing by no later than the first day of term before you are leaving. The letter can be handed in or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Archers College is an English-medium school and the language of learning and teaching (LOLT) is English.
Afrikaans is the first additional language. Learners will not be refused admission on grounds that English is not their official home language.
Click here to download an Admission Application form:Click here